Art is being taught as part of topic work but certain elements may be taught as discrete units of work. We aim to enable the children to develop:
- the capacity to observe and learn about the world in which they live, by engaging in first hand observation of both the natural and the man made environment
- the ability to communicat ideas and feelings in visual form.
In order to achieve this we encourage the children to:
- develop the capacity for imaginative and original thought and experimentation
- study and evaluate their own work and that of their peers, the work of other artists, craftspeople and designers and a variety of art forms from a range of
cultures and to respond thoughfully, critically and imaginatively to these by communicating their ideas and feelings.
The children will be given opportunities to:
- work with a variety of materials and media to develop their skills in drawing, painting, print making, sculpture, collage and clay
- learn to use a range of tools and techniques sensibly and safely.
If you would like any further information about Art in our School please contact Miss Howard, our Art Leader.