We are committed to providing quality and excellence through an exciting, stimulating environment that stretches and develops the child as a whole. We provide an education which will develop social skills and encourage children to become more active citizens within the School community and beyond.
Tell me and I forget,
Show me and I remember,
Involve me and I understand
At Ashurst Wood we believe that learning is the acquisition and application of knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes that brings about progress.
In KS1 and KS2 we therefore structure our curriculum around eight areas of learning:
All our children learn by:
· Understanding, developing and sharing ideas.
· Being able to transfer skills and knowledge appropriately.
· Becoming resourceful - knowing how to work things out and where to go for help.
· Developing a desire and self motivation to discover for themselves.
· Making sense of the world and their place within it.
· Acquiring skills and knowledge that enables them to make progress.
· Using new skills appropriately.
· Being able to work, play and co-operate with others.
· Knowing when to work with others and when to work independently.
· Understanding the need to manage their own behaviour.
· Understanding and using their preferred learning styles.
· Being able to adapt to different situations.
· Being able to make connections.
· Enjoying new experiences and challenges.
· Being resilient – accepting that making a mistake is part of the learning process.
· Valuing the contributions made by others.