Parent, Teachers and Friends Association
As a parent or carer at Ashurst Wood School you are automatically a member of the PTFA.
The PTFA plays a very important role in our School. It has several functions:
- to promote our community through social events and family
- to enable regular discussions between parents and teachers on matters relevant to the school
- to raise funds, which provide important revenue for school equipment, learning
opportunities and treats.
The PTFA Committee meets once a half term and meeting dates are publicised in the School newsletter, in the playground and on the
PFTA Facebook page.
Some examples of what the PTFA financed in 2015/16 are:
- A whole School Panto
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Maths shed for KS1 outdoor area
- Year 6 Leavers books
- Ice pops on Sports Day
- Balloons for the Year 6 Balloon Release
- Hi-Viz jackets
- New fence in KS1 outdoor area.
Parents have also met up to form working parties, and have:
- moved the Library to its new location
- erected the fence in the KS1 outdoor area
- put displays up for the children.
As you can see the PTFA have been very busy but we are always looking for new ideas and welcome anyone with a
little spare time who can join the team.
The PTFA is a great place to get to know your fellow parents / carers and feel a part of the school community.
Autumn term 2017 events include:
- Tuesday 5th Sept (after drop off) - Tears and tissues (in the school hall)
- Wednesday 13th Sept - Movie Club
- Friday 15th Sept (after school) - New parents picnic
- Sunday 24th Sept - Treasure Hunt
- Saturday 21st-Sunday 29th October - Scarecrow Festival
- Tuesday 31st October - Halloween Disco
- Saturday 11th November - Autumn Fair
- Friday 24th November - Village Christmas Market
- Friday 1st December - 'Jack and the Beanstalk' pantomime (during school hours)